At Board Matters, we think boards should support, educate and professionally develop their board members, as they do with employees.
This involves professional development for the whole board in the context of the specific legal structure, position and environment of their particular organisation. Our training workshops are customised to meet your organisational needs.
Our workshops include:
Better Boards Introduction
A two-hour discussion that provides:
- An introduction to the role and basic legal duties of the whole board
- The legal structure of your organisation and its current constitution
- The role and duties of the board by contrast with management
- Brief overview of good governance actions for your organisation
- Copies of Board Matters presentation materials for board members.
Better Boards Basic
A half-day training for your whole board. It includes the Better Boards Introduction workshop and also covers:
- Detailed presentation on board member duties and responsibilities
- Open discussion on current expectations and skills of the board
- Facilitate board self-review of existing board governance practices
- Overview of selected governance tools such as board performance assessment techniques and board ‘selection’ and 'appointment' processes
- Identification of governance priorities for your board
- Actions and framework for developing your priorities
- Detailed report and ongoing use of Board Matters materials and workshop output (all material supplied is solely for use by your organisation only).
Better Boards Advanced
A full-day training workshop for your whole board. It combines Better Boards Introduction and Basic Workshops and includes detailed development of the top governance priorities for your board. This may include:
- Agreed processes for board performance assessment
- Guidelines for key board ‘selection’ and ‘appointment’ policy
- Guidelines for key board policies agreed on at the workshop (eg directors’ conflict of interest policy)
- Role statement for your board
- Values statement for your board
- Ongoing use of Board Matters materials and workshop output (all material supplied is solely for use by your organisation only).
Contact us to find out more.